Spa and winter activities
Snow and sunshine: a revitalizing winter south of the Alps
A snowshoe hike through the larch forests, a bombardino sipped in the sun, a warm thermal bath surrounded by the snowy landscape. That’s the kind of winter we like!
Even if you don’t like skiing, we recommend the most interesting winter activities. Snowshoeing, dog sledding, fat biking, ice skating… sport and fun without limits.
Do you love sport? Here some ideas for a sporty, but non-skiing holiday in the mountains:
- Outdoor thermal baths also in winter
- Snowshoeing hiking
- Ice skating at the Bormio sports hall
- Outdoor ice-skating in Santa Caterina
- Fascinating cross-country skiing trail with loops of 2-3-5-8-10-15 km in the centuries-old stone pine forest of Santa Caterina.
- Excursions withelectric fat bikes on snowy trails
- Sledding: sleds pulled by huskies in Arnoga (20 minutes from Bormio)
- Exciting paragliding flights with BormioFly experts
- Day trip on the UNESCO World Heritage Bernina Red Train and visit to St. Moritz (CH) (30 minutes from the hotel)
- The Wildhorse riding centre organizes horseback rides in pairs or alone. Also suitable for beginners.
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride in Val Rosegg (CH) (1.5 hours from Bormio)
- Snow and motors in Livigno with safe driving courses on the snow, snowmobile and quad rides
- Lunches with skiing friends in chalets and refuges, reachable by cable car even without skis
- Visit to the cellar of Braulio (amaro) in the centre of Bormio
- Cheese tastings for small groups
Winter evenings in Bormio? It is a poem.
The day is over and you are still not tired? Bormio and La Genzianella hotel offer you wonderful evenings to spend on the snow or looking at the landscape in complete relax:
- Night skiing in Bormio and Santa Caterina
- Night snowshoe hikes organized by the tourist office
- Every evening it is possible to dine in altitude and reach one of the chalet by snowmobile or snowcat (book at reception)
- Relax in spa, under the stars
Options and Offers